These were so fun to make! Delicious, easy and super quick – these would make a lovely addition to your Christmas morning coffee bar. I love to stir my morning latte with a candy cane. It adds a zippy bit of peppermint to my morning ritual. Add a bit of chocolate, and you have a peppermint mocha. It’s a peppermint mocha on a stick. The warm coffee melts the chocolate. When you stir, the minty sugar from the candy cane sweetens it to perfection. The longer you leave in the candy, the stronger the peppermint flavor becomes. Voila – instant peppermint mocha.
Special thanks goes to my handsome live-in barista for the yummy cafe latte. I’m absolutely terrible at making them. I just don’t have the patience to lovingly froth milk, especially before my daily dose of caffeine. I look forward to these every weekend. When left to my own devices, I’ll just warm up milk and add a couple shots of espresso. If that’s more your speed, you’ll be happy to know that these little peppermint cuties can turn even lazy-person-coffee into a coffee shop mocha.
- 10 Candy Canes
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (I had a bit left over)
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler, or in thirty second intervals in the microwave
- Transfer melted chocolate to a tall thin container (such as a tall shot glass) for easy dipping.
- Dip candy canes and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Allow chocolate to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place in an air tight container